I try and I try

Me and `Sir Lancelittle

Good day followers of all that is steadfast and true and Peter Noone too.

I recently had cause to giddy up a ding dong, which is a famous song from the 1950’s about a jockey slapping his horse and shouting loudly with an Irish accent “Faster you ba…rd”, and then jumping over a man made fence behind members of the hunt shouting “Tally Ho” which is the same as asking “How much is that doggy in the window?”

In my picture (above) you may note that neither Sir Lancelittle nor I, are haranguing of harrassing either of our trusted postillions and none of us have been struck by lightning.

“Ou sont les toilettes?” you may ask yourself, but if you don’t know it may already be too late.

1. Marge September 28, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I know very little as far as playing music and I don’t keep up with all the bands and who does what. I enjoy listening to people play and sing and even though I don’t play it very well myself I enjoy trying to learn. I love my piano :)

2. Claudia B September 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Hi there, Peter. I think you may wish to start a new post sometime soon because it seems like this one has degenerated about as far as it can . . . .

3. LindaIa September 16, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I try and I try and I try to stay away but keep coming back for more larfd & giggles with Herman

4. Terry Williamst September 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM

What is the theme for Noonefest 3. I know that it was going to be Hold On in Branson but with it being close to Christmas I was just wondering. Need to start looking for a costume soon if there is going to be a costume contest.

5. Claudia B September 13, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Y’know, I just read a posting, on Facebook, by a woman saying she really needs either a backstage pass or a front row seat for next week’s Biloxi show . . . and just when I was reconsidering that maybe I could make that 7 hr. drive . . . . but, I’m too late, you’re sold out! Great for the casino and you and, maybe, a lesson for me, that I should throw caution to the winds and make up my mind sooner!!

• Peter Noone September 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM

we sell out at most casinos so you should plan to come to a not casino type show at a performing arts centre or to the Christmas Noonefest in Tunica!!!

• Claudia B September 15, 2012 at 2:20 PM

But, I’m not a Noonatic (nothing personal–I’m just very definitely NOT a joiner, by nature) . . . . therefore, don’t think I’d be welcomed at your Christmas Noonefest. Am planning to attend your early May 2013 show in Franklin, NC (besides, its only a 2-hr drive from my home). Apparently, Georgia’s State Legislature wants to keep a tight lid on their citizens’ morals, so, therefore, you won’t find any casinos in the state . . . but it would be ever so nice if you could find some other place to play in the state!!

• Marge September 17, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Don’t know how you set up your concert dates but there’s a performing art center in Appleton,
        Wisconsin. It would be wonderful if you could do a concert there. My sister saw one of your postings on my Facebook wall and she would like to see you sing too :)

6. Claudia B September 12, 2012 at 12:08 PM

So, which is it, Peter? Have you developed a crippling writer’s block or have you turned into the Great Spinx??? There are cures now for all types of maladies, if only you actively seek them out . . . . . I’m beginning to get bored re-reading my own comments — I can only imagine the yawns from others reading these comments!

7. IdaM September 11, 2012 at 6:14 AM

My daughter and her friends (ages 10 to 12) thought your Tom Jones impression was hilarious. I was watching you tube on my television set. I thought they were preoccupied with their computer game but they were watching you. :)

8. Claudia B September 9, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Je pense que votre tete es dans ca toilette, et j’espaire(??) que vous oublie ou es ca toilette, parce que j’aime ca blog!! Obviously, my French lessons are far in the distant past . . . . but I hope you get my general drift.

• Claudia B September 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM

By the way, that verb should be “oubliez” — je pense.

• Peter Noone September 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM

oui you forgot how to conjugate which is the most useful part and I think ca toilette is caca toilette in bognor regis

• Claudia B September 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I also couldn’t find a translation for “bognor regis” — is this some kind of registry?

• Claudia B September 15, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Also, I don’t agree with you that its ‘caca’!

• Lady K / Ms. Cupcake September 16, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Ever been to the seaside resort
          town of Bognor Regis on the southern coast of England? Rumour has it they serve kaka……..that is “cake” in Swedish……on a good day:)
          (Somethin’ tells me I’m into somethin’………..)

• Claudia B September 16, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Thank you so much!! I think you ARE into somethin’ good!! So, if Peter’s head is in the toilet . . . we’re letting him eat cake??!!

• Claudia B September 18, 2012 at 4:54 AM

Wish I could take back my last posting and simply say thanks for the tip on Bognor Regis and acknowledge that my French is merdre!

• Marge September 19, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I don’t speak french but there is french canadian where I live. Please excuse my crudeness but around here caca is a common word and it means going to the bathroom.

• Mick September 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Please don’t write in french, ”Je pense que votre tete es dans ca toilette, et j’espaire(??) que vous oublie ou es ca toilette, parce que j’aime ca” you just said ”your head is in the toilet”?? dosen’t make
      any sence, in fact the whole sentence is not making any sence.

9. Claudia B September 8, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Just finished re-watching a great old concert from 1985 with Carl Perkins, George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Dave Edmunds, Ringo and Roseanne Cash . . . only person missing was you (you could have sung the Johnny Cash portion of the “Jackson” duet with Roseanne, instead of Carl Perkins).

10. Claudia B September 8, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Was just wondering . . . . since you are inhabiting Kief’s body (at least momentarily) for this picture and, since one of his best songs is “Salt of the Earth” . . . . was that tongue developed for licking salty objects?

• Claudia B September 8, 2012 at 5:30 AM

Or, wait! Are you modestly trying to demonstrate that, all this time, the tongue on the Rolling Stone label was . . . . . .(drum roll) . . . . yours???!!!

11. Lisa September 7, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I just finished watching you discussing best and worst of travel. It was great. I love listening to you talk. Are my ears deceiving me or did you say you are going to do a concert in Thousand Oaks? If I did not imagine you saying that, Thousand Oaks is about 20-30 minutes from me in the San Fernando Valley.

12. october September 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Am I the only one who likes the Facebook page for club members only? I think it’s great.

13. Claudia B September 6, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Okay . . . . back in Atlanta and absolutely wrung out from prolonged reaction to “that picture.” Just listened to your lament about lost luggage (on facebook) and thought that, instead of having to buy a new Banana Republic shirt, if you brought forth a new personality as dictator of a banana republic – “El Hermito” or the like (and wore it on the plane instead), United might be too frightened to lose your bags! Also, very glad to see your concert dates in the South are multiplying . . . . please add the State of GEORGIA to your list!!!

• Claudia B September 7, 2012 at 11:53 AM

By the way, in that new picture on facebook announcing your new Noonfest dates . . . . are you sitting on Santa’s lap or he on yours (because you both look very happy)!

• Claudia B September 11, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Further to your new concert listing for this date on your facebook Events page . . . . apparently, the location is not exactly in Tunica, MS but, actually, Robinsonville, MS . . . . and, it appears that Mrs. Robinson (invoking droit du Senora) likely took the accompanying snapshot!! I’m sure the shot was a winner in some pin-up contest!

14. Marge September 6, 2012 at 11:41 AM

What does Peter like read and write about in his blogs :)

15. Norma September 6, 2012 at 10:32 AM

When I was just a young girl (not so long ago) my boyfriend would sing the song Norman to me. Hmmm I wonder what that meant? Sorta like the strange look on my new icon face.

16. Norma September 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Giddy up a ding dong? Wow, how can you come up with all this fun stuff? You are just a wild and crazy guy, and we all love you.

17. Andrea Sheffield September 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Glad to see you are still here Peter, I needed an uplift today!
    Take care my friend!
    Love,
    Andrea

18. Lady K / Ms. Cupcake September 4, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Just a suggestion…………….but maybe more contests on Herman’s website now and then would add some excitement………I mean…….doesn’t everyone want to be in the winner’s zone?! ;)

19. IdaM September 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Good to hear that FB isn’t replacing peternoone.com. There are things I like and dislike about both. I keep coming here checking out concert dates. Mom and I want to see you again. :)

20. Marge September 4, 2012 at 7:22 AM

For me, Facebook is a fun way of spending time and sharing pictures with family and friends who live far away. Peter’s sights are a fun way of sharing and writing about his music and concerts. I like both sights.

21. frogprince September 4, 2012 at 3:36 AM

PETER NOONE SAYS: “I am trying desperately to revive this site so Facebook doesn’t replace it as the funspot, but I try and I try and I try and I try.”

PETER NOONE, what is FACEBOOK to you? What is your website to you?

To FANS: What is FACEBOOK to you (EXCLUDING, that Peter Noone is there.) What is PETER NOONE’S website to you?

I see these two questions as FUNDAMENTAL to making this website operate at its best and Peter Noone’s Facebook site to operate at its best.

I am convinced the two can be compatible and complementary. There is no avoiding overlap, so WE MUST look at that as good. A gathering of the minds between Peter Noone and Fans is needed to understand how to make this work.

It is beyond a one-man operation and beyond our simple fan desires. Together we can find a way to make the Peter Noone website work and make Peter Noone’s Facebook site work. Where there is a “Will,” there is a way. And as we all know, “Will” is among us. ;-)

22. Lady K / Ms. Cupcake September 3, 2012 at 7:42 PM

WOW!!!
    I absolutely ADORE me’s knew look!!!

23. gayle September 3, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Glad to hear you’re ok Fan….our power was out for 2 days….my son spower back last night too. Hey, I’ve tried those MRE meals…starch, starch, starch…lol…but they certainly work when you are hungry I suppose.

24. New Orleans Fan September 3, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Don”t know where to put this, but a quick note that I survived Hurricane Issac. It was the 6 days without power that was not fun. Best MRE (meals ready to eat) item: Spagetti. Worst MRE item: Oatmeal Cookie.