The Very Reverend Sung Long Noone

Reverend-

As we welcome a new “Il Papa” I thought that I should come and say hello from all of us faithful up here at the Monstery!

Looking ahead to a week tip-toeing on the brim of Hades,I thought I should come forth or third and tell you about my fears and shortcomings about whatever it is I have agreed to do with myself and others.

the Rev2

Above you can see me performing Respighi’s Church Windows, which is not what I will be doing this week.

When people use the words “wing it” I try to find an idiom that fits but all I find is idiots and twits, but this may be my lack of humility showing itself to myself when I am not looking!

If there be solace to be found I think it is in Schenectady which I can’t say without tittering and this is forbidden due to my oath and Meatloafs’ too.

Instead of googling all these new words just go look at any church windows from the inside.
If you have a Walkman you are too old to get to the church, but if you have anything that can play music then go play it at a church to YOURSELF.

Preferably with a headset or headphones, but if you can listen to Respighi without any devices then you are probably half way there now!

I love the new Pope’s name, and it reminds me of one of the Monstery co- kneelers who calls himself St. Francis of Asbestos. He was always a bit of his rocker which he sits in for hours at a time in reflection.

epcot5_1

1. BarbFL April 2, 2013 at 7:05 PM

So nice to see you here again, Rev. I fondly remember many nights in the chat monstery where I giggled and tittered late into the night or early morning. They were fun times :)

2. noonaticterry March 27, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Peter, it was so awesome hearing you being interviewed on WISN Milwaukee on the Mark Belling Radio show about the cruise that WISN is having and you doing a concert in Fort Lauderdale in Feb 2014 for just the cruise people before taking off. The only thing is that I wish I was going on the cruise.

3. lneal15093 March 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Hi Reverend,

This is a happy time with spring break and Easter and expecting to be a first time grandma in 4 months. Can you say a prayer for my daughter, Jillian? Three months after the miscarriage last year, she is pregnant again. She is now 18 weeks and I am praying with all my heart that she will have a healthy baby due at the end of August.

4. jillcarroll March 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Dearest Reverend, all of this is making sense to me….should I be happy or worried????? ;-)

5. Peter Noone March 22, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I sometimes wear the hula to amuse the faithful who have been under a cloud caused by those Shenanigans, who insist on causing trouble not unlike the Hooligans from the same place.

6. bernice March 21, 2013 at 6:52 PM

hi peter will you be wearing your robe at fallsveiw oops or do i call you father long that just dose not fit you your fans always b and b

7. Roselyn March 20, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I have a simple question for you, Reverend Sung Long Noone. Do you wear leather trousers under your robe? :)

8. kare March 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Love the post. would love to see you in action as a lawyer!

9. Karen (KT) March 20, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I had hominy during the Pope’s heartfelt humble homily. Now onto March Madness ……..looking for some guidance in filling out my bracket. Which device do you think will offer the best advice? It’s a must to avoid the idioms and twits for such an important task. Your robes are lovely.

• Peter Noone March 22, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Take two aspirins and go to bed and say 10 Hail Marys and then say the Credo in Unum Deum in Latin with no mistakes. That should keep you out of trouble for a few years.

10. Jane R March 20, 2013 at 3:37 PM

One should never reveal one’s shortcomings in public!

11. gayle March 20, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Rev. Noone-Please pray for your faithful flock up at the monestery cause we are stuck on H E N R Y….and we repeat this over and over …..instead of saying Dominus Vobiscum and the second verse is the same as the first. It’s the incense that has caused us to be off our rocker but Betty White says it’s ok.

12. Shelley March 20, 2013 at 10:47 AM

If you find yourself walking around the edge of Hades, you need to be the saint of fire prevention. Or just walk on the brim of your hat, which won’t matter if it is already made out of crushed velvet. I am sure you will find peace in Schenectady (tittering overheard due to word ‘Schenectady’) Twits and idiots will be there, but won’t come to the concert. We will all behave at Schenectady(tittering heard again) and will prove that if you must wing it at any point in your life, it will only feed you and prove that wings (as in Paul McCartney and Wings) is not just for former Beatles (or angels).

AND SK….YOU UNDERSTOOD HIM, BUT NOT ME?????

13. Lady K/Ms. Cupcake March 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Is to “wing it” weally that wong?

14. Alice M. March 19, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Parson, Sage, Rosary and Wise. That is you in a nutshell, Reverend. I am waiting beneath the church windows straining to hear your words of wisdom. Perhaps I should enter to hear them better. Inside or out, I am clearly in need of Time with the man of the Versace cloth. I hope to see you in concert soon.

15. Shelley March 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Hot Dog! I relish your response. Love my name in RED.

16. LaVina March 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Rev Noone, good to see you back. Happy that this house of music has a leader who young and joyful. I am hoping to attend a music service sometime this summer.

17. Claudia B March 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM

By the way, Father, while you’re thinking about what you’ve agreed to do with yourself and others . . . . . I hope that, at least within this one activity, you’re not being inclusive of the little children . . . . . I believe that may cause you to tip, just a bit, to the side of Hades and may have caused a bit of the Church’s downfall in El Norte . . . . . just a thought, Father, part of my prayer that you are able to keep your hands busy . . . . perhaps with the cleaning of some of Respighi’s Church Windows . . . . . .

• Peter Noone March 22, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I am at a loss and have no idea what this could mean?

• Claudia B March 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM

OMG, Father . . . . forgive me, but here I’m sorry to admit you disappoint me just a bit . . . . I was under the impression that the Church was all knowing and all forgiving (just as long was I was willing to put in some heavy — or creative — self-flagellation) . . . . or, could it mean that you are so used to ministering to your flock that you have lost the habit of introspection??? Please, I believe a bit of guidance is required here . . .

18. noonaticterry March 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Rev. Noone, It is so nice to see you back up at the Monstery.You must have been praying for all of us twits With me being one of your Twits and Fans and you being higher up now not sure if you can help me. I have not been to a Concert since Jan. and cannot make one till May in Kentucky to Abbey Road but I am always Trying to be Just A Little Bit Better and Into Something Good so You can Hear My Heartbeat.

19. jillcarroll March 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Holy Smokes, Rev….you have quite a sophisticated flock here. I prefer the British/American Trilogy of Noone, Dolenz & Cassidy, which will be gracing the hallowed halls with no stained glass windows, but some very bright shiny machines which sometimes spit out money ;-) They will be singing hymns of joy in Schenectady and later at Snoqualmie and Chumash where their followers will fill the pews. Peace and blessings on your grass skirt and leather pants, I mean, on your frock and vestments ;-)

I once worked for St. Francis of Farmers Insurance, BTW……

20. Barbara NYC March 18, 2013 at 8:21 PM

No worries, Rev. Solace can definitely be found in Schenectady. Respighi may have been known for his Roman trilolgy; I prefer my Roman trilogy: pignoli, cannoli and cream puffs. They can all be found at the local Schenectady patisserie. Sure beats meatloaf, unless you are concerned about your reflection.

• Claudia B March 19, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Ooooh, Barbara . . . . . I LOVE pignoli!! I could eat them by the ton — until I became as big as one of Respighi’s Church Windows!! But, do you think that some of those pignoli may have fallen from his Pines of Rome?????

21. Claudia B March 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Oh mein Papa, its good to see you back again!! You say you’re performing Respighi’s Church Windows . . . . maybe you should change out of such splendid vestments and, instead, CLEAN Rspighi’s Church Windows to get the sap from his Pines of Rome off them!? And the monstery Father Asbestos — he must have placed his rocker in front of some of Respighi’s very clean Church Windows, as you say he basks in their reflection! Sorry, Father, I’ve just returned from an awfully loooong HOA Board of Directors Meeting and my mind is rather numb . . . . I’ll work on my contrition and get back to you . . . . .

22. SusanT March 18, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Dear Rev. Noone, You look confident and ready to guide your flock of followers to a better way of life — just as Pope Francis plans to do! Hearing Ottorino Respighi’s Italian music played during mass would be soothing to our soul. We know you’ll be careful tip-toeing on that brim near Hades this week, too. Peace be with you, dear Reverend.

23. Nanci March 18, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Welcome back Reverend..where have you been?

As you roam the halls of the Monstery..have you bumped into Father Down..
    Surely he has served all his penances..and will take confessions again..

24. Shelley March 18, 2013 at 3:02 PM

If you indeed find yourself walking on the brim of Hades, it will be imperative to be St Francis of Asbestos. Otherwise, simply walk on the brim of your hat. If it is crushed velvet, it will make no nevermind. I am confident you will indeed find solice in Schenectady. (what’s that tittering sound?) Twits and idiots, though in abundance, should not be in attendance. And Schenectady ( what IS that tittering sound?) with all its saintly in a gathering gaggle will prove that ‘winging it’ is not just fodder (or mudder) for ex-Beatles. Amen

• Peter Noone March 19, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I see you have been partaking of the spirits or medicine again and for this we are truly frankfurters

• Shelley March 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM

See above…forgot to push reply

• MNMike March 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Funny stuff…You two seem to be cut from the same cloth. As they say, “Bards of a feather schtick together.”

• MNMike March 19, 2013 at 5:46 PM

…on a wing and a prayer:
        I, for one, ought to get on my knees, face east to Macca, and
        praise Sir Silly Love Song for putting Linda in the band…bold move!
        Loved her harmonies, agreed?

• Shelley March 20, 2013 at 3:29 AM

My Love and everyone else’s most assuredly benefitted from his feet of darren. But let us not egress too macca here, His cloth hangs across the pond

• SandraKay March 20, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Dearest Shelley

I have read your comment over and over again could you please interpret what you have said here. Sandra Kay has a very hard time understanding some things and this is one of them. Don’t think you were under the influence of spirits like his holliness said there. I think you just have a whole new language all to yourself :)