Peter Noone and his lovely daughter Natalie Noone @natalienoone giving the Legends Award to Phil Everly and his brother done. So happy that day. So Sad today. Phil Everly was an inspiration to all us British musicians too,and was a true gentle man! So so sad!

1. Janet January 6, 2014 at 1:06 PM

I posted last night and apparently broke some rule, so I will just say Phil will be missed. It’s been a difficult weekend for me as it would be if anything happened to Peter, so if I said something wrong I truly apologize.

• Janet January 6, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Sorry I couldn’t find last night post now it has suddenly appeared but is awaiting moderation–don’t know what that means.

2. october January 6, 2014 at 12:33 PM

I will miss Phil.
    I enjoy all the Everly Brothers tunes; and I am so greatful that I was able to attend their performance when they played Hamilton Place in my home town (city)!
    It was a fantastic show!

3. Janet January 5, 2014 at 11:43 PM

I was lucky enough to see them at least 14 time that I can think of right now. I was a fan club representative for a few years. Most of the time was during the split. I did get to meet them one long enough to get an autograph, but that all. The end of September I was also very lucky to go to Nashville for a Everly Family and fans get together. It was great, we were entertained by the Everly Hillbillys and also Edan Everly ( Don’s son). Don wasn’t there and I heard Phil had intended to be there but wasn’t feeling well. I did meet Phill’s wife Patti and she introduced us to Edan and Erin ( Don’s daughter) . It was something that was very special to me especially now.

4. Roselyn January 5, 2014 at 11:33 PM

His loss was truly sad indeed. The world lost a great talent.

5. MNMike January 5, 2014 at 8:51 PM

An Everly Brothers recording is so sensible…streamlining a typical pop song down to a shade over two minutes, and yet, saying more…
    Peter and everyone else…I’m with you: Foreverly fond of Phil and Don.

• MNMike January 5, 2014 at 8:56 PM

…for a bit of their “pretty” pathos, listen to “Like Strangers”…I believe Chet Atkins is on guitar…amazing.

6. Nanci January 5, 2014 at 11:00 AM

I saw The Everly Brothers at the Col Ballroom, Davenport, Iowa..think it was 1965. Remember standing in front of them and being amazed at their voices. After the show they invited us on their tour bus to take a picture. I wish I had the picture, but it was lost in a fire my sister had. But I have the memories. A sad day

7. Linda Prescott January 4, 2014 at 8:40 PM

So sorry to hear this. I remember their show in 1970. Linda/Cookie

8. frogprince January 4, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Although I never had the honor and pleasure of meeting Phil and Don Everly in person or seeing them in concert, the Everly Brothers are an important part of my Kentucky heritage and my musical heritage. They belong to a world community, a world family, who enjoy great harmonies and beautiful music. They melded Country and Rock as few ever have. Our world family mourns this loss, each in our own personal way. However, both will forever live on, in their wonderful music. To a poor boy, who lived in the same general area of Western Kentucky as the Everly Brothers once did, it is a grand thing to think, two of our own, made such a deep impression on the world. Let me not forget, the great state of Iowa shaped them in their early years, where the Everly Brothers started their career with father Ike Everly and his wife (whose name escapes me, at the moment). We owe a lot to them, for the way they raised these gentlemen and taught them, the love of music. Goodbye Phil Everly. You will be missed. Thank you for living in your music treasures, where we can still listen to and talk to you. All I Have To Do Is Dream. I will, I will, I will, Phil Everly. God bless Don, the Everly families, friends, and fans. We are all ONE family, today.

9. Alice M. January 4, 2014 at 4:52 PM

I had an album of theirs – wish I still had it now. How lucky of Natalie to meet such legends at a young age.

10. Linda Iowa January 4, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Yes it is sad. RIP Phil

11. Claudia B January 4, 2014 at 2:43 PM

I remember seeing Phil Everly in concert in the very early eighties at, I’m remembering, the LA County Fair . . . . I was working for Capitol Records at the time and Juice Newton, a Capitol artist, was playing there too . . . . you can’t be much more influential than the Everly Bros. were — so sad, he died much too young!

12. Shelley January 4, 2014 at 2:13 PM

I concur. Nothing more to be said here.

13. KDCAL January 4, 2014 at 1:44 PM

I would also like to share a memory of one of the Everly Brothers songs. Wake up Little Susie. It reminds me of the time my boyfriend in college was over at my house. My parents were away (we were behaving! :) ) and he left around 11 pm. a few minutes later he was right back. My house was in the hills and was in a cul-du-sac. Turns out he couldn’t get out because there was a house on fire on the street that was the exit. My boyfriend told me which house it was and I said..oh thats the house we vote at. and he said Not anymore! LOL anyway he tried calling his parents to let them know of the situation. Well that was before voice mail or cell phones and they were not home. Anyway we were tired so I fell asleep in the chair and he fell asleep on the floor. About 3 am we woke up and it was all clear and he left. Boy did I get a ribbing from his dad the next day when I came over and he was saying..”you kept my son out till 3:30 in the morning” All I could say it wasn’t my fault! I always think of that when I hear “wake up little susie”

• Cindy M January 4, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Sharing the joyful ways that someone has touched our lives is such a powerful tribute. I bet Phil is in Heaven smiling.

14. KDCAL January 4, 2014 at 11:56 AM

I wish I could have seen Phil and his brother in concert. Loved their music. I discovered them when they had a summer replacement t.v. show in 1970. I did get to see them perform 2 songs at the Simon and Garfunkel reunion concert tour old friends in 2003. It was very special .

15. LynnJanette January 4, 2014 at 11:07 AM

So sad. One of the first records I bought was Cathy’s Clown. RIP Phil. Thanks for the great music and memories.