Herman's Hermits Starring Peter Noone

Paul Revere

Home Forums Noonesense Paul Revere

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Linda Prescott 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

jillcarroll
    Participant

Just sharing the news that Paul Revere is battling serious illness right now. He has recently been through cancer treatment and is not getting around very well, but is still touring with his Raiders. I know that Peter and the lads have played many, many concerts over the years with PR&Rs and know Paul well. In addition to being a Noonatic I’m a longtime Raider fan and this is hard news for me to share. If you’d like to include Paul and his family in your prayers, and/or send along some good thoughts, that would be great.

Linda Iowa
    Participant

Thanks for the info Jill; it’s been many many years since I’vr seen Paul Revere

Sweet Sue Ohio
    Participant

I am so sorry to hear of this. I hope he will be able to beat it.

LeAnn
    Participant

We are supposed to see him and the raiders on Aug. 24th. Hoping to still be able to see him.

jillcarroll
    Participant

Paul is still touring with the Raiders so you should get to see him :-) What I’ve been told by people who were at Hot August Nights in NV last weekend is that he was quite candid with the audience about not being in good health at the moment. They also said that his wife helped him on and off stage. I know that he still plans on touring in the months to come and hopefully he’ll be feeling better soon!

Linda Prescott
    Participant

Thanks Jill for letting us know. I will say a prayer for him.Linda/cookie

Roselyn
    Participant

I saw an article about this that someone posted and was saddened by it. I had a chance to see him last year but got too busy. I should have made time. Oh well…let’s pray that he gets better and that we will get more chances to see him perform.

noonaticterry
    Participant

We saw them last year in MN with Peter. They were awesome, thanks for sharing Jill. I will defiantly keep him in our prayers.p

KDCAL
    Participant

Sorry to hear about Paul. I really like his concert. Saw him I think with Peter New Years Eve awhile back in Arizona. He will be in my prayers. Used to watch his t.v. show “Where the action is” back in the day.

Nanci
    Participant

I normally don’t post on something like this..but I saw where Paul himself posted on his Facebook. He’s such a sweet caring man..wishing him a speedy recovery.

Hey kids, it’s me, Paul Revere!

That’s right, I’m still alive and still kickin’! The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated, but I won’t lie to you, I got my butt kicked but good. If you live long enough you’re going to get something, and over the past 75 years I’ve had just about everything you can get – 2 types of cancer (beat em both!), rotator cuff surgery (killed it!), hysterectomy (don’t ask) and on and on – there’s always maintenance and repair in this band, now it’s my turn. Again!

I don’t want to get into the details but let’s just say, it ain’t fun. It’s been rough getting through the last few shows but I would do whatever it takes to avoid missing a show. I’m giving it my all, and then some, and the band tells me I’ve been even more awesome than usual. Of course, I do have the gun.

I want to thank you all for the prayers, they’re working! You people must be in good with the Lord because I’m feeling better and stronger every day. I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to all of our upcoming shows, it’s what I live for! I mean, performing for you is literally what I live for, and that’s no joke. So, keep the prayers coming, and keep me alive long enough to come to your town a couple more times. I promised my guys I was going to live to be 100 and to plan accordingly. Now I’ve got to keep my promise.

I love you all,
    Paul

Linda Prescott
    Participant

Thanks for sharing this Nancy. I’ll keep praying for him. Linda/Cookie

jillcarroll
    Participant

Thanks for posting Paul’s letter from FB, Nanci – so nice of you to share it here. Hoping and praying that he has a speedy recovery and does make it to 100!

Lonely Summer
    Participant

Two guys I just cannot imagine not having in my music life, Peter “Herman” Noone, and Paul “Madman” Revere. Both have brought so much pleasure and laughs, sure is reassuring to know that Paul is recovering and planning to be working when he is 100!

LeAnn
    Participant

Paul himself called in to Scott Shannon’s radio station and was very positive. He explained what he had been going through and that because there were so many people praying for him, he is feeling better every day. He is still excited about the shows coming up and that he had shows into 2014 and he intended to be around for them.!! Was good to hear right from him!!!

Linda Prescott
    Participant

Thanks for the update Leann. I’ll keep praying for him. Linda/Cookie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.