Something Good with Peter on XM Radio Sat 2–5pm PST

FAREWELL NOONATICS AND FANS

Home Forums Noonesense FAREWELL NOONATICS AND FANS

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      frogprnice
      Participant

BEFORE I SHOW UP HERE ONE DAY TO FIND FORUMS MISSING, I BETTER SAY MY GOODBYES. I’M NOT SHOUTING, I JUST READ LARGE PRINT BETTER. ALL THINGS CHANGE. NO NEED TO RANT OVER THIS. I ENJOYED THE PETER NOONE WEBSITE, PETER NOONE CHAT, AND PETER NOONE FORUMS, AND PETER NOONE’S BLOGS UNDER VARIOUS PENNAMES. ONCE, THIS WAS THE PLACE TO BE, IF YOU HAD A COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS. FROM AROUND SPRING 2005, UNTIL NOW (MAY) 2020, I HAVE PASSED THIS WAY ALMOST ON A DAILY BASIS. WHILE THE FORUMS EXIST, I WILL STILL VISIT, READ, AND COMMENT—FOR OLD TIME’S SAKE. IT DAWNED ON ME, GOODBYE BY MARY HOPKIN, IS A NICE WAY TO SAY GOODBYE TO EVERYONE. I HOPE THE SONG POST’S. IF NOT, IT’S ON YOUTUBE. SHE’S BRITISH, THE SONG IS WRITTEN BY PAUL McCARTNEY, AND IT’S A NICE GOODBYE SONG. SO, HERE IT IS, I HOPE. GOODBYE! RIBBIT!!! ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uiQudTTDuE

frogprnice
      Participant

OH WELL, I FORGOT HOW THINGS WORK HERE, I GUESS. LOL! :-) RIBBIT!

Deb1953
      Participant

Hi Froggy, Everyone is going to Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone because he comes and chats live with us most days. You might have to break down and get Facebook. Do you still do research for Peter. I still miss the old chat room, but not the trouble makers.

frogprnice
      Participant

DEB, I still do research for Peter, although the Pandemic causing concerts to be canceled, has slowed research down to a crawl. Despite being something of a pre-tend frog “celebrity” in chat, who tried to add a few laughs to all the fun in Peter Noone Chat, in real life, I’m pretty dull. A real hermit, you might say. SUCH IRONY! Facebook is pretty useless to me. Since Peter’s Facebook page is set to Public viewing, I do visit the Public side of Peter. Facebook LIVE is pretty much a drag for me, for two reasons. 1.) I’m partially deaf. 2.) Often I have great trouble understanding Peter’s Manchester accent. No accent to deal with in the Old Peter Noone Chat. However, Peter’s chat was dying a slow, miserable death. The loss of PAM and Nanci took away two of the hardest working people trying to keep Chat going. It was going to end. Party the Trolls; partly fewer and fewer coming to Chat. Better it ended before we lost PAM and Nanci. I find writing a Writer Blog and writing a Music Blog—which has included many posts on Peter and Natalie Noone, as individual singers, is more in line with who I am, than Facebook. It’s called The Music Muse Interview, if you ever wish to look it up. Been writing the blog since 2009. In my heart, I’m a writer. Writer’s don’t need a Pandemic to Quarantine, but I guess I have one anyway. LOL! Puts a CRIMP in Peter Noone’s style though, since he’s a people person. Hope you and Peter don’t mind I’ve written a book of a response to you. Just wanted to catch you and others up on what I and frogprince are doing here in Florida, during the Pandemic. Stay safe. Let’s keep praying this “thing” is over soon and concerts are back in people’s lives. Until next time! Ribbit! :-)

LindaIowa
      Participant

Nice to hear from you Froggy. Trying to stay safe here too. Keep in touch. Everybody may be going to facebook, Deb, but there are still a few holdouts like Frggy & me

frogprnice
      Participant

Touching base with everyone who drops by. “I’m Still Hopping!” No Sir Elton, you can’t turn my line into a frog song. Leave that to Clarence “Frogman” Henry. Ribbit! :-)

LindaIowa
      Participant

Good to hear from you Froggy. Hope no damage from hurricanes near you. Survived our crazy Iowa?Illinois hurricane like windstorm. Keep in touch please!

New Orleans Fan
      Participant

Yo Frog – let’s stay in touch – you know my web site – I export and I’m related to you know who

frogprnice
      Participant

New Orleans Fan! Glad to see none of the hurricanes washed you out to sea. I guess you’ve grown gills by now. If you still wish to chat, here is the link to Mason Ramsey’s chatroom website: https://www.rockandrollheaven.com/listener-forum/

Saturday nights a half dozen Noonatics gather there to chat. From about 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. eastern time. Music plays while we chat.

Anyway, I hear the “Aints are doing well so far this season. All of us are hiding from COVID-19 as best we can. That relative of yours has stayed out of the News. Keep your facemask on and Social Distance as much as the hurricane waves passing through will allow. Good to see your head is still above water. Float on! :-)

Others are invited to the chatroom too, of course.

frogprnice
      Participant

A further announcement: As a Lifer, I received my Christmas Card from Peter Noone this week. Wondering who else has received their Christmas Card? Very nice of Peter Noone to remember so many of us. Believe we are all remembered in Herman’s prayers. Remember Herman in our prayers too, as he goes into the Pandemic World to do concerts. Has been a tough year for Rockers. Keep those facemasks on and Social Distance friends. :-)

frogprnice
      Participant

And further more, if I’m elected…no, wrong speech. You may remember a certain Herman’s Hermits song called, “I’m Into Something Good.” One of the songwriters on this major Herman’s Hermits hit is a lady named Carole King. She has a beautiful new message for Noonatics and the world. This is gonna be a hit! I find this message to be as good as any song she’s ever been involved with. At 78, she’s even wiser than she was, while writing hits. Here is the link to “A Message From Carole King.” If only we had music to go with this message! Enjoy! Ribbit! :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqWyP7uVCyQ&feature=emb_logo

LindaIowa
      Participant

Hi Froggy, thanks for Carole King clip. I haven’t gotten my card yet but then realized I forgot to update my address last year when I moved LoL! Hopefully not too late

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.